AuraBorealis is a web application for visualizing anomalous and potentially malicious code in Python package registries. It uses security audit data produced by scanning the Python Package Index (PyPI) via Aura, a static analysis designed for large scale security auditing of Python packages. The current tool is a proof-of-concept, and includes some live Aura data, as well as some mockup data for demo purposes.
Current features include:
- Scanning the entire python package registry to:
- List packages with the highest number of security warnings, sorted by Aura warning type
- List packages sorted by the total and unique count of warnings
- List packages by their overall severity score
- Displaying security warnings for an individual package, sorted by criticality
- Visualize the line numbers and lines of code in files generating security warnings for a specific package
- Compare two packages for security warnings
Turn on your VPN (at IQT)
Clone the repository.
git clone https://github.com/IQTLabs/AuraBorealisApp.git
Navigate to aura-borealis-flask-app directory.
pip install -r requirements.txt
Run the app.
Navigate to the URL
http://0.0.0.0:7000/ via a browser.