Cr3dOv3r is know as the dangers of credential reuse attacks. It would be your best friend in credential reuse attacks. You give Cr3dOv3r an email then it does two simple useful jobs with it:
- Search for public leaks for the email and returns the result with the most useful details about the leak (Using haveibeenpwned API) and tries to get the plain text passwords from leaks it find.
- Now you give it a password or a leaked password then it tries this credentials against some well-known websites (ex: facebook, twitter, google…) and tells if the login successful!
Some Of The Scenarios Cr3dOv3r Can Be Used In It
- Check if the targeted email is in any leaks and then use the leaked password to check it against the websites.
- Check if the target credentials you found is reused on other websites/services.
- Checking if the old password you got from the target/leaks is still used in any website.
usage: Cr3d0v3r.py [-h] [-p] [-np] [-q] email positional arguments: email Email/username to check optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -p Don't check for leaks or plain text passwords. -np Don't check for plain text passwords. -q Quiet mode (no banner).
Installing & Requirements
To make the tool work at its best you must have :
- Python 3.x or 2.x (preferred 3).
- Linux or Windows system.
- Worked on some machines with MacOS and python3.
- The requirements mentioned in the next few lines.
For windows : (After downloading ZIP and upzip it)
cd Cr3dOv3r-master python -m pip install -r win_requirements.txt python Cr3dOv3r.py -h
For Linux :
git clone https://github.com/D4Vinci/Cr3dOv3r.git cd Cr3dOv3r python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt python3 Cr3dOv3r.py -h
For docker :
git clone https://github.com/D4Vinci/Cr3dOv3r.git docker build -t cr3dov3r Cr3dOv3r/ docker run -it cr3dov3r "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Cr3dOv3r is created to show how could credential reuse attacks get dangerous and it’s not responsible for misuse or illegal purposes. Use it only for Pen-test or educational purpose !!!