Snare is a super next generation advanced reactive honeypot.It is a web application honeypot sensor attracting all sort of maliciousness from the Internet.
- Surface first. Focus on the attack surface generation.
- Sensors and masters. Lightweight collectors and central decision maker (tanner).
- You need Python3. We tested primarily with >=3.5
- This was tested with a recent Ubuntu based Linux.
Also Read – RBuster : Yet Another Dirbuster
Steps To Setup
- Get the tool using:
git clone https://github.com/mushorg/snare.gitand
- Install requirements:
sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Setup the tool using :
sudo python3 setup.py install
- Clone a page:
sudo clone --target http://example.com
- Run SNARE:
sudo snare --port 8080 --page-dir example.com
- Test: Visit http://localhost:8080/index.html
- (Optionally) Have your own tanner service running.
Docker Build Instructions
Change current directory to project directory
In order to run the tests and receive a test coverage report, we recommend running
pip install pytest pytest-cov
sudo pytest –cov-report term-missing –cov=snare snare/tests/