CertCrunchy is just a silly python script that either retrieves SSL Certificate based data from online sources, currently https://crt.sh/, https://certdb.com/, https://sslmate.com/certspotter/ and https://censys.io or given a IP range it will attempt to extract host information from SSL Certificates. If you want to use Censys.io you need to register for a API key.
How To Install CertCrunchy
git clone https://github.com/joda32/CertCrunchy.git cd CertCrunchy sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
How to use it?
Very simply -d to get hostnames for specific domain
- -D to get hostnames for a list of domains (just stuff it in a line delimited text file)
- -i to retrieve and parse certificates from hosts in a netblock / ip range (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24)
- -T the thread count, makes stuff faster, but don’t over do it
- -O to set the timeout on HTTP api requests in seconds (default is 3 seconds)
- -o Output file name
- -f Output format csv or json, csv is the default
API Keys & Configs
All API keys are stored in the api_keys.py file, below is a list of supported APIs requiring API keys.