DeathRansom is a ransomware developed in python, with bypass technics, for educational purposes.
What is a ransomware?
A ransomware is malware that encrypts all your files and shows a ransom request, which tells you to pay a set amount, usually in bitcoins (BTC), in a set time to decrypt your files, or he will delete your files.
How it works?
First, the script checks if it’s in a sandbox, debugger, vm, etc, and try bypass it.
It then encrypts all files starting with the defined directory on the line 60 in deathransom.py.
Then, downloads the ransom request script, disable cmd, taskmanager and the registry tools. And starts the counter to delete the files.
How to use?
- Install the requiriments typing:
pip install -r requirements.txtand
python3 -m pip install PyQt5
- Generate the keys, upload the public key to pastebin, copy the raw link, and change the site on the line 7 in deathransom.py
- Transform time_script.py and main.py(Located at Ransom Request) into exe.
- Transform the time_script into exe using pyinstaller in python2 version typing
pyinstaller --onefile --windowed <FILE>
- To transform the main of ransom request we will use the pyinstaller in the python3 version
pyinstaller --onefile --windowed main.py
- Then uploads the scripts to any file hosting service and change the links on the line 28 and 31 in deathransom.py
- So just transform deathransom.py into exe using pyinstaller in python2 version and be happy.
Also Read – 5 Simple Ways to Hack Gmail Accounts 2020
- Creates several variables to try to make disassembly difficult.
- Checks if a debugger is active using the ctypes function: windll.kernel32.IsDebuggerPresent()
- Checks if the machine’s mac is the same as the standard vms mac.
- Some sandboxes speed up sleep, this function checks if nothing out of the ordinary has occurred.
- Sandbox in Process
- Checks if have any sandbox in running processes
- Shows a message, if the user interact with the pop up, the malware will be executed.
- Sleeps for a while and proceed. Some sandboxes wait for a while and stop running, that tries to bypass this.
- If the user does not click the number of times necessary the malware not will be executed.
- If the user not move the mouse in a seted time the malware not be executed.
How to edit the Ransom Request?
To edit, you need install the PySide2. Open the main.ui file, and edit what you want.