WhatsSpy Public (not to confuse with WhatsSpy) is an web-oriented application that tracks every move on WhatsApp of whoever you like to follow (by only knowing their phonenumber).
This application is setup as an Proof of Concept that WhatsApp is broken in terms of privacy. It keeps track of the following activities:
- Online/Offline status (even with privacy options set to “nobody”)
- Profile pictures*
- Status messages*
- Privacy settings
What can WhatsSpy Public do?
Profile your daily habits and smartphone usage throughout the day, if you like that or not.
It contains the following functions:
- Track user status / status message and profile picture (history).
- Track any privacy setting changes.
- Be notified via various services if a user comes online/changed any of the above in WhatsApp.
- Compare users statuses to draw conclusions.
- Get a timeline view just like Facebook about the tracked users.
- Group all tracked users and view statistics about them.
- Share profiles via unique tokens.
- Full language support for EN,DE,ES,NL
Also Read – XSSCon : Simple XSS Scanner Tool
Setting up WhatsSpy Public requires somewhat IT knowledge and you might need a second SIM card. There are for both the normal and Raspberry Pi image installation videos available.
You have three options to setup WhatsSpy Public:
- Normal: Setup WhatsSpy Public on a existing Linux Machine (Ubuntu/Debian) / VPS (Linux) / Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi image: Use a Raspberry Pi image with WhatsSpy Public already on it.
- QEMU Use the emulator QEMU with the Raspberry pi image on Ubuntu read experience.
For updates please check updatelog and how to update.
Overview edit contact
And it’s even mobile (pinning the webpage, not an APK)!
An external installation pinned to the home-screen of an Android phone