Secret Keeper is a file encryptor written in python which encrypt your files using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). CBC Mode is used when creating the AES cipher wherein each block is chained to the previous block in the stream.
Secret Keeper Features
- Secret Keeper has the ability to generate a random encryption key base on the user input.
- Secret Keeper can successfully encrypt and decrypt .txt and .docx file types.
How to Install and Run in Linux?
- Enter the following command in the terminal to download it.
git clone https://github.com/Sameera-Madhushan/Secret-Keeper
- After downloading the program, enter the following command to navigate to the Digger directory and listing the contents
cd Secret-Keeper && ls
- Install dependencies
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Now run the script with following command.
How to Install and Run in Windows
- Download and run Python 2.7.x and Python 3.7 setup file from Python.org
- In Install Python 3.7, enable Add Python 3.6 to PATH
- Download and run Git setup file from Git-scm.com, choose Use Git from Windows Command Propmt.
- Afther that, Run Command Propmt and enter these commands:
git clone https://github.com/Sameera-Madhushan/Secret-Keeper cd Secret-Keeper pip3 install -r requirements.txt python3 Secret-Keeper.py