SMTPTester is a python3 tool to test SMTP server for 3 common vulnerabilities:
- Spoofing – The ability to send a mail on behalf of an internal user
- Relay – Using this SMTP server to send email to other address outside of the organization
- User Enumeration – using the SMTP VRFY command to check if specific username and\or email address exist within the organization.
First, install the needed dependencies:
pip install -r requirments.txt
Second, run the tool with the needed flags:
python SMTPTester.py –tester [tester email] –targets [SMTP IP or file containing multiple IPs]
- testing only for mail spoofing
- only testing for mail relay
- only perform user enumeration the tool will perform both internal and external when no specific test type is specified, and will append the output to a log file on the same folder as the SMTPTester.py file.
Yeah, I know, this code isn’t the best. I’m fine with it as I’m not a developer and this is part of my learning process. If there is an option to do some of it better, please, let me know.