The Tails team is happy to publish Tails 4.5, the first version of Tails to support Secure Boot. This release also fixes many security vulnerabilities. You should upgrade as soon as possible.
- Secure Boot
- Tails now starts on computers with Secure Boot enabled.
- If your Mac displays the following error:
- Security settings do not allow this Mac to use an external startup disk.
- Then you have to change the settings of the Startup Security Utility of your Mac to authorize starting from Tails.
Changes & Updates
- Update Tor Browser to 9.0.9.
- This update fixes several vulnerabilities in Firefox, including some critical ones.
- Mozilla is aware of targeted attacks in the wild abusing these vulnerabilities.
- None specific to this release.
- See the list of long-standing issues.
Get Tails 4.5
- To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your persistent storage
- Automatic upgrades are available from Tails 4.2 or later to 4.5.
- If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if Tails fails to start after an automatic upgrade, please try to do a manual upgrade.
Follow our installation instructions: