The Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert credential validates your understanding and proficiency in a wide range of IT roles, including networking, security, virtualization, data management, budgeting, identity, and governance.
To earn this certificate, the candidates should pass two exams: AZ-300 and AZ-301. This certification guide focuses on Microsoft AZ-301. In this article, we will explain to you all about this test and tell you how to properly prepare to ace this exam without much stress.
Overview of Microsoft AZ-301 Exam
This exam-labs.com certification exam is in line with the structure of other Azure role-based tests. Microsoft doesn’t reveal the number of questions to the general public.
However, you can expect between 40 and 60 questions. Some question types you can expect include review screen, multiple-choice, hot area, drag and drop, build a list, short answer, best answer, active screen, and case studies.
It is essential to point out that you will not get all these formats in your exam delivery, but these are just a general guide to what should be expected.
The topics that the students need to understand before attempting the Microsoft AZ-301 exam are highlighted below:
- Determining workload prerequisites
- Designing for identity & security
- Designing a data platform solution
- Designing an infrastructure strategy
- Designing a business continuity strategy
- Designing for migration, integration, and deployment
It is essential to mention that each topic has subtopics and the relevant percentage associated with it. You should check the certification page for more details about the exam objectives.
During the test, you will be given about 150 minutes for the completion of the questions. The candidates are required to pay the exam fee before scheduling for their Microsoft AZ-301. If you reside in the United States, you are required to pay $165.
The individuals outside the USA should check the official webpage to know the applicable fee. Additionally, the school students are eligible for a reduction in the exam fee. However, you have to provide a valid educational proof before you can take advantage of this reduction.
The passing score for Microsoft AZ-301 is a minimum of 700. A lower score means that a student has failed the exam and will have to retake it. You will be able to view your results some minutes after the completion of the test.
You will also receive a printed result that shows your score along with your performance score in the different sections of the exam. You can expect to get this copy within five days after writing your Microsoft AZ-301.
In case you don’t pass the exam, you will be required to retake it. However, you have to wait for at least 24 hours before you can be allowed to try the test again after your first attempt.
In case you don’t pass it at the second attempt, you will have to wait for a minimum of 14 days before another try. You have a total of five times in which you can take the exam within a year.
It is important to mention that for every retaking you have to pay the fee again. Additionally, you won’t be able to take the test again if you already passed it.
When it comes to exam cancellation, there are some rules that apply. If you cancel and reschedule your test six business days before the scheduled date of it, you will not be charged any fee.
However, if you cancel and reschedule within five business days, you will pay a nominal fee. Cancellation or rescheduling within 24 hours to the exam will amount to forfeiture of the entire fee. The same applies to non-appearance at the testing center.
Preparation Resources for Microsoft AZ-301 Exam
After reviewing the details of the Microsoft AZ-301 exam, it is time to see how you can prepare to achieve your desired success. There are different ways to do this.
The most important thing is to recognize your study style. Knowing about it will help you develop the appropriate study plan and choose resources that will engender an effective way of learning. Let’s look at options for preparing for your Microsoft AZ-301 exam.
- Microsoft learning webpage. This is the website where you can start your preparation. You will find the exam guide alongside the blueprint on this page. You will also have access to extensive information about the exam topics, preparation options and exam scheduling, requirements and policies, and a lot of other information.
- Book resources and white papers. You can find it a little bit difficult getting an effective book for the AZ-301 certification test but you can always be in luck to get a good one. The fact that this exam is a newly released one also makes it a little hard to get the relevant study materials. However, you can still check the Microsoft Azure portal to find some well-documented eBooks and white papers to get you started on preparation.
- Instructor-led training. There are four different instructor-led training courses that you can find on the Microsoft site. You don’t need to spend weeks to go through these courses, a couple of days will do. Depending on your location, you can also lookout for the classroom training for your preparation. When choosing this type of training, ensure you go through a Microsoft training partner. You can learn more about instructor-led training from the certification page.
- Practice tests. You can make the best of your studying process by going through practice tests. Microsoft has different updated resource tools available on its webpage and this is inclusive of practice tests. However, if you want more in-depth practice questions and answers, you can check other online platforms. Nevertheless, you have to be extra careful when choosing the websites to get practice tests and braindumps. Check the Exam-Labs site for up-to-date and relevant practice questions for your exam prep.
You can ace your Microsoft AZ-301 at the first sitting if you focus on your study and use good study materials. The official Microsoft webpage is a great platform to use.
You can support your learning by using other reputable online sites like Exam-Labs. All the materials will help you greatly in your preparation. And this will increase your chances of earning successful results.