DonPAPI is a Dumping DPAPI Credz Remotely.
Lots of credentials are protected by DPAPI.
We aim at locating those “secured” credentials, and retreive them using :
- User password
- Domaine DPAPI BackupKey
- Local machine DPAPI Key (protecting
- Windows credentials (Taskscheduled credentials & a lot more)
- Windows Vaults
- Windows RDP credentials
- AdConnect (still require a manual operation)
- Wifi key
- Intenet explorer Creentials
- Chrome cookies & credentials
- Firefox cookies & credentials
- VNC passwords
- mRemoteNG password (with default config)
- SMB signing status
- OS/Domain/Hostname/Ip of the audited scope
With local admin account on a host, we can :
- Gather machine protected DPAPI secrets
- ScheduledTask that will contain cleartext login/password of the account configured to run the task
- Wi-Fi passwords
- Extract Masterkey’s hash value for every user profiles (masterkeys beeing protected by the user’s password, let’s try to crack them with Hashcat)
- Identify who is connected from where, in order to identify admin’s personal computers.
- Extract other non-dpapi protected secrets (VNC/Firefox/mRemoteNG)
- Gather protected secrets from IE, Chrome, Firefox and start reaching the Azure tenant.
With a user password, or the domain PVK we can unprotect the user’s DPAPI secrets.
Dump all secrets of the target machine with an admin account :
Using user’s hash
DonPAPI.py –hashes : domain/user@target
Using kerberos (-k) and local auth (-local_auth)
DonPAPI.py -k domain/user@target
DonPAPI.py -local_auth user@target
Using a user with LAPS password reading rights
DonPAPI.py -laps domain/user:passw0rd@target
It is also possible to provide the tool with a list of credentials that will be tested on the target. DonPAPI will try to use them to decipher masterkeys.
This credential file must have the following syntax:
DonPAPI.py -credz credz_file.txt domain/user:passw0rd@target
When a domain admin user is available, it is possible to dump the domain backup key using impacket
dpapi.py backupkey –export
This backup key can then be used to dump all domain user’s secrets!
python DonPAPI.py -pvk domain_backupkey.pvk domain/user:passw0rd@domain_network_list
Target can be an IP, IP range, CIDR, file containing list targets (one per line)
The RemoteOps part can be spoted by some EDR. It can be disabled using
--no_remoteops flag, but then the machine DPAPI key won’t be retrieved, and scheduled task credentials/Wi-Fi passwords won’t be harvested.
git clone https://github.com/login-securite/DonPAPI.git
python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt